Without any antivirus, it is impossible to stay safe in the world of internet and in the technological era. But what if you have downloaded the Norton antivirus to stay protected from these malicious activities but when you try to install any update you see a Fix Norton installation Error 8920? Many users get tensed when they see such type of errors. The Norton installation Error 8920, 223 indicates that Norton LiveUpdate was unable to install an update! It is necessary that users should know the reason behind the error. And most probably this issue occurs due to the intermittent issue with the LiveUpdate servers. If this is the case then you should wait for 24 hours and then try to run the update again. But, even after 24 hours it does not install any updates then follow the below mentioned steps to solve your error. Otherwise, you will face Norton error code 8504 if you do not correct it.
Steps to Fix Norton Installation Error 8920, 223
- If you are not able to update the application even after 24 hours then you should check Virus definitions date.
- To do so, start your antivirus and in the main window, under the option of “you are protected”, you have to check for the date which will be available next to “protection updates”.
- Choose the second option, as it is been more than 24 hours that the LiveUpdate is not installing any update. And then you have to update your virus definitions using the intelligent updater.
- Now to do it, you have to go to the intelligent updater download page.
- And then you have to choose the correct definition set according to the version of your Windows and the version of your application.
- And when you have the correct version of your windows and applications then you have to download the appropriate definition set.
- Now you have to save the downloaded file to the desktop and then double-click on the downloaded file.
- It will redirect you to the “Symantec Intelligent Updater” window and then you have to click on “yes” to continue.
- Wait for the intelligent updater to finish the process and at the end click on “ok”.
Now, the Norton installation Error 8920, 223 should get resolved and if you still face issues even after following the steps and you seek expert’s advice then you should contact the technical experts and do let us know about the problem you face while troubleshooting the Norton error code 8920, 223.
Read more:- How to Install Norton Antivirus?
Read more:- How to Update Norton Antivirus?