This error code indicates that customers are using an old version of the Norton Antivirus and when users do not update their application they face Norton Installation code 3038, 106. Hence it is one of the update errors. This issue occurs because it is important to update the product as the internet is full of malicious codes and phishing activities. Moreover, the dark web always updates the viruses and malicious codes and only the latest version of the application can keep the malicious codes at bay. So you have to first update the antivirus to get rid of Norton Installation code 3038, 106 on your windows. Also, if you do not know How to Fix Norton Installation code 3038, 106 then you should follow the steps which are provided by experts to solve the issue. Also if you face Fix Norton Installation 8920, 223 then it is important you troubleshoot all the errors to enjoy the safety.
Steps to Fix Norton Installation Code 3038, 106 on Windows
- As you know that this error is due to the outdated version of the application hence you have to update the antivirus immediately to solve the issue.
- To move to the latest version, you have to run the Norton LiveUpdate.
- To do so, you have to restart the computer and log in with the administrative rights.
- Now run your antivirus and go to the “main window”. After that, you have to go to the “security” option and then click on “LiveUpdate”.
- Now the prompt will look for an update and if there is an update, it will notify you and you have to click on “update” and when the process is completed you have to click on “ok”.
- Restart the computer after the updating the application and check again if the problem is still there.
- If you still encounter Installation code 3038, 106 then you should run a full system scan.
- To do so, you have to go to the “main window” and then navigate to “security” and select “scan” from the drop-down menu.
- Now the “scan window” will be opened and you have to select the option “full system scan” and then tap on “go”.
- When the process is over, you have to click on “finish”.
- Then disable compressed file scan.
- And to disable it, go to the “settings” of the computer and then click on “antivirus” and then click on “scans and risks” and search for “compressed file scan” and disable it.
We hope that the Norton Installation code 3038, 106 is fixed now. And if you still face problems and you are not able to troubleshoot the issue even after following the steps then do let us know about your issues and we will help you instantly.